Abigayle is a keen horse and dog owner, having owned horses and dogs all of her life, and has always been interested in equine and canine performance and physical therapies.
Abigayle has competed with her horses from novice up to advanced level in dressage, show jumping, eventing and endurance. She has successfully shown in ridden and working-hunter classes at County level. She has competed with her dogs in individual and team obedience competitions, working dog trials and shown at championship level. She has competed on ponies since the age of 8yrs and starting work with flat and national hunt racehorses at 14 years of age.
Abigayle has worked on successful National Hunt and flat racing yards, national and international level dressage, eventing, show jumping, endurance and showing yards both in the UK and France.
In 2000 Abigayle completed the London Marathon raising nearly £2000 for the WSPA (World Society for the Protection of Animals), supporting animal welfare in the UK and abroad.
Summary of qualifications and professional memberships:
- BSc (1st class Hons) Equine Sports Science, studying Behaviour, Therapies and Rehabilitation.
- Post Graduate Diploma Animal Physiotherapy, UK.
- Saddle Fitting, Society of Master Saddlers, UK.
- Saddle Re-flocking, Albion Saddle Manufacturers, UK.
- Functional Equine Biomechanics , France.
- British Horse Society, Assistant Instructor, BHS Stage III.
- Member of the National Association of Veterinary Physiotherapists
- Member of the International Association for Veterinary Rehabilitation and Physical Therapy
- Member of the Saddle Research Trust
- Member of the International Society of Equitation Science
Abigayle has completed research projects in:
- Effects of incorrect and correctly fitting saddles upon equine performance: neck and back length in correlation to stride length.
- Effects of treed and treeless saddles on performance.